With a CGM system that sends real-time glucose readings every minute directly to your patients' smartphones,* they will be ready to avoid hypos.
7.8% Overall MARD9 and Unsurpassed 14-day accuracy, especially in the low glucose range9 with 93.3% within +1.1mmol/L YSI values for glucose levels <3.9mmol/L and ±20% when ≥3.9 mmol/L 9.
The FreeStyle Libre 3 sensor is smaller than a £1 coin providing your patients with ultimate discretion.
Now the sensor can store data up to 14 days. So no data gaps means your patients can always retrieve their data even when their smartphone* has not synced with their sensor for up to 14 days.
The new optional glucose alarms can be set individually according to your patients’ needs.6
Instead of real time reporting HbA1c was reduced by 0.55% at 2 to 4 months and sustained for 12 months7 and 50% reduction in serious hypoglycaemia (≤3.0 mmol/L).8
The FreeStyle Libre 3 app* allows patients to interpret their glucose data from their smartphone anytime‡, anywhere₸ and help them make more informed diabetes management decisions.
Using LibreView,₼ our secure cloud-based system, patients can upload their glucose data to share with their doctor and care team. You will be able to access more in-depth reports to support you in making treatment decisions for your patients.
Patients who use the FreeStyle Libre 3 app can remotely share their glucose readings with their caregivers and loved ones through the LibreLinkUp app§.
References & Disclaimers
Images are for illustrative purposes only. Not real patient or data.
1. Among patient-applied sensors.
2. Data on file, Abbott Diabetes Care, Inc.
3. FreeStyle Libre, FreeStyle Libre 2 and FreeStyle Libre 3 systems are part of the same family of products.
4. Dexcom G6 CGM User Guide and Medtronic. Guardian Connect System User Guide.
5. Based on signal range in Dexcom G6 User Guide and Medtronic Guardian Connect System User Guide
6. Notifications will only be received when alarms are turned on and the sensor is within 33 feet (10 meters) unobstructed of the reading device.
7. Mark Evans, Zöe Welsh, Sara Ells, Alexander Seibold. “The Impact of Flash Glucose Monitoring on Glycaemic Control as Measured by HbA1c: a Meta-Analysis of Clinical Trials and Real-World Observational Studies.” Diabetes Therapy 11, no. 1 (2020):83–95. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13300-019-00720-0.
8. Jan Bolinder, Ramiro Antuna, Petronella Geelhoed-Duijvestjin, Jens Kröger, Raimund Weitgasser. “Novel Glucose-Sensing Technology and Hypoglycaemia in Type 1 Diabetes: a Multicentre, Non-Masked, Randomised Controlled Trial.” Lancet 388, no. 10057 (2016): 2254–2263. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(16)31535-5.
9. FreeStyle Libre 3 User Manual
10. Comparison based on publicly available information , CGM reliability defined by signal connection
* The FreeStyle Libre 3 app is only compatible with certain mobile devices and operating systems. Please check our website for more information about device compatibility before using the app. Sharing of glucose data requires registration with LibreView.
₼ The LibreView website is only compatible with certain operating systems and browsers. Please check www.LibreView.com for additional information.
§ The LibreLinkUp app is only compatible with certain mobile device and operating systems. Please check www.LibreLinkup.com for more information about device compatibility before using the app. Use of LibreLinkUp requires registration with LibreView. The LibreLinkUp mobile app is not intended to be a primary glucose monitor: home users must consult their primary device(s) and consult a healthcare professional before making any medical interpretation and therapy adjustments from the information provided by the app.
‡ 60-minute warm-up period required when applying the sensor.
₸ Sensor is water-resistant in up to 1 meter (3 feet) of water. Do not immerse longer than 30 minutes.
The "Yes" link below will take you to a website other than Abbott Laboratories. Links to other websites are not under the control of Abbott Laboratories, and Abbott Laboratories is not responsible for the content of such websites or any link contained in such websites. Abbott Laboratories is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Abbott Laboratories of the site.
Do you want to leave this page?
This is a product-specific website intended for HCPs of the European Union and the UK only. If you live in another country, please contact your local Abbott office to obtain the correct product information for your country of residence.