Real-time2 dual-band wireless
Immediate patient test results when and where you need them to keep your patient records up to date.
✓ Rapid access to test results anywhere2 in the hospital
✓ Streamlined workflow – no docking required
✓ Dual-band wireless for more connectivity options3
✓ Automatic upload of patient results to electronic medical records4
✓ Real-time data sharing2
Helps improve safety, efficiency and creates better patient ID tracking.
✓ Reads 1D and 2D barcodes enabling transition to new technology
✓ Camera based reader eliminates risk of laser eye contact
✓ 2D barcodes are easily scanned on curved patient wristbands5
✓ Store more information in less space with 2D barcodes6
Helps enhance bedside accuracy for better patient care.
✓ Meets current ISO15197 standards
✓ Haematocrit compensation from 15% to 65% enhances accuracy
✓ In clinical studies, >99% of results with FreeStyle Precision Pro glucose test strips were within ±0.83 mmol/L or ±15% of laboratory reference
|within ±0.28 mmol/L|
or ±5% of lab reference
|within ±0.56 mmol/L or ±10% of lab reference||within ±0.83 mmol/L|
or ±15% of lab reference
<4.2 mmol/L (capillary)
|59,3% (32/54)||96,3% (52/54)||100% (54/54)|
≥4.2 mmol/L (capillary)
|70,1% (303/432)||94,9% (410/432)||99,1% (428/432)|
Minimises the risk of exposure to pathogens for increased safety.
✓ 5-second blood glucose test time for fast bedside results
✓ Protected from the air, humidity and other contaminants to ensure accurate results7,8
✓ Designed with convenient automatic calibration and expiry date check to guarantee reliable results via the individual barcode
✓ Quick and easy to open due to notched foil wrapper
✓ Individually barcoded to enable ‘Automatic Lockout’, which prevents inaccuracies that can occur due to the use of expired test strips
✓ In hospital studies, 25.7%–57.0% of vial packaged blood glucose test strips were contaminated with bacteria, posing risk of bacterial transmission between patients9,10
References & Disclaimers
Images are for illustrative purposes only. Not real patient or data.
1. Based on leading brands – Abbott Diabetes Care, Roche Diagnostics, and Nova Biomedical.
2. In a WiFi enabled facility when the meter and data management systems are properly configured.
3. More connectivity options compared to single-band systems.
4. Requires integration with hospital medical records (EMR) system.
5. Sharman P, Bedside barcoding for the blood bank, Medical Laboratory Observer, January 2007;39:18–9.
6. Hattie M., Barcoding: Labs go 2D, Medical Laboratory Observer, September 2009 [http://www.mlo-online.com/features/2009_september/0909_bar_codes.pdf].
7. Silverman BC et al. Operational errors cause inaccurate glucose results. Diabetes Care 2000; 23:429–430.
8. Bamberg R et al. Effects of adverse storage conditions on performance of glucometer test strips. Clin Lab Sci 2005; 18:203–209.
9. Vanhaeren S et al. Bacterial contamination of glucose test strips: Not to be neglected. AJIC 2011; 39 (7):611–613.
10. Pérez-Ayala M et al. Prevalence of bacterial contamination of glucose test strips in individual single-use packets versus multiple-use vials. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2013; 7(4):854–862.
The "Yes" link below will take you to a website other than Abbott Laboratories. Links to other websites are not under the control of Abbott Laboratories, and Abbott Laboratories is not responsible for the content of such websites or any link contained in such websites. Abbott Laboratories is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Abbott Laboratories of the site.
Do you want to leave this page?
This is a product-specific website intended for HCPs of Ireland. If you live in another country, please contact your local Abbott office to obtain the correct product information for your country of residence.